TESTING YOUR HOUSE FOR MOLDS
Does your house have molds?
Are you feeling a bit ill? Before you dismiss it as common cold, it may interest you to know that many cold-like symptoms we show have now been found out to be caused by various kinds mold at home. For the small size mold, when we breathe in its airborne spores and it finds its way deep into our lungs, it can bring about various damaging effects. Many Mold types such as Stachybotrys (known to the media as “Black Mold”) can give off gases (Mycotoxins) which even in small does can trigger a reaction from a sensitized person or affect nearly everyone in larger doses.
The big issue here is that, it is difficult to suspect these symptoms to be caused by molds. Because molds are also usually hiding in places that are tough to get to, it can be difficult to find. There are those who can detect the odor by smell, but most of us don’t, until the molds have grown and spread to a dangerous level.
Therefore, is it important for you to run a test on your home and get a mold lab report? Mold Inspection and possible testing is now considered an important safety measure that helps you to accurately find out how pure the air you and the rest of your family breathe at home is.
By inspecting for and testing for molds in your home we can identify the growth and spread of mold in your home and hopefully swing in before the illnesses start taking over. This is becoming more popular because numbers of people with one mold allergy or another is now increasing.
Most families that are suffering from the toxicity caused by molds usually don’t know molds are the culprit. It is only when various diseases sets in and things start getting out of hand that an alarm is raised. As you already know, prevention is better than cure.
By the way, when we mention mold report, what we are referring to is the report of the mold situation of your home that you get when you consult a certified mold inspection company to help you check your home out.
Some people prefer to ignore this option and opt for home mold testing kits. You will often see them being advertised and sold on TV and the internet. They are simple to use and less expensive. They can usually be bought at rates less than $100. When you buy one, you would get the necessary instructions on the steps you should follow when using it. The best thing they do is scare you.
If you detect a mold problem, some decide to then call a random mold removal company (most people choose the cheapest). However, we do not recommend this option. This is because of how inaccurate and misleading home mold testing kits can be. For example, they can easily give false positive report.
If you take one of the DIY home mold test kits into a clean house, you will still get fungi to grow in the petri dish collection media. Remember there are molds everywhere. Microbial mold spores are airborne. So, they can be found literally everywhere.
So, whether the house is clean or not, there would still be some mold spores growing in it. The level could be different, but they are still there, no matter what. If these kits pick any up, a false positive will be generated.
Instead of wasting money while trying to save some, the advisable thing to do is to call up a qualified professional to check your home out. The result you will get will give you a truer picture of the mold situation of your home and give you a more educated option of what needs to be done next.
When a certified mold inspector comes into your home for checking, they come with more than just a simple instrument. They will come in with more sophisticated instruments that will help you detect, not just the presence, but also the level of spores in the air and possible sources, and more important, what needs to be done to prevent re-occurrence.
You will quickly get an indication of how bad your mold problem is, and you can know what you are up against, so that the cleanup can get started. With these lab results and inspectors observations and readings, you can get an accurate mold report from the readings and samples taken.
The samples taken are sent to the laboratory to quickly get you a mold lab report. The inspector, who has also had the chance to see your house in person, will help you interpret the report. The mold report is an important tool that helps the inspector to know what must be done about the mold problem in your house. That is where the solution lies.
Remember that black mold, mildew, and many different types of fungi can be found everywhere. Seeing them in your yard isn’t uncommon. They are also inside the home. The thing that should concern you the most is how you can keep the mold levels in your home down to the barest minimum possible.
It is recommended to clean up any mold problem you find in your home as soon as you detect it. Don’t let it stick around. Also, remember if you see visible suspect mold, there is probably more. The safety of your family is paramount and should not be taken lightly.
The hidden danger is living in a home that has elevated levels of mold and fungi indoors. Look out for places with moisture. That is where they usually breed and thrive. One thing to remember is if the moisture level is well controlled, you would have reduced their chances of mold breeding in your home.
Look out for water leakages around the home. Monthly inspection of water damage is important for every homeowner. All your appliances and fixtures that use water must be checked regularly. With this routine check, you will greatly reduce any form of microbial growth in your home.
When you bring in a professional to inspect and test your home, you will have reduced the damage mold could have on your house, and the health of your family. When testing your home, you can rely upon us to conduct intensive tests and get you an accurate result. We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact us today at:Mold and Mildew Solutions LLC
AKA the #Mildude, Lee has for decades