Our experienced and certified mold inspector can identify conditions which allow water entry into the home or high moisture levels which promote the growth of mold spores.
What are the Steps to
Why do I need a certified mold inspection?
Mold is caused by a moisture issue(s) whether it is past or present. Moisture issues also include uncontrolled humidity and water vapor.
Mold & Mildew Solutions, LLC will find active water or water intrusions.
Has the building in question ever flooded or recently been flooded? Has it had a roof of plumbing leaks? Has an A/C condensation or history of wet conditions ever been reported? If so then it is more likely to have mold growth. Variations in the humidity, air flow, temperature, seasons, and, physical activity are all contributors to the growth of mold.
Just because no visible water stains are visible does not mean there isn't moisture feeding the mold. Duct work and HVAC equipment are common places where mold can flourish.
The underside of carpet, floor boards, behind walls and insulation are common areas where a colony of mold spores may dwell and multiply. Often there are no externally visible signs of mold. These dangerous situations can be uncovered through a cognitive evaluation and historical review of the building.
PLEASE ... don't clean before we come to inspect your mold problem.
When the maid due to arrive it is customary to pick up the house before first. Before the lawn service comes, you may go out and do poop patrol and roll up the hose. However, please do not clean up visible mold before a professional mold inspector arrives.
Think of this as a crime scene where detectives do not want the scene disturbed, for every broken blade of grass, fingerprint and shard of glass are clues. In this same way, visible mold and puddles of moisture are clues to your inspectors
Even the slightest amount of condensation on the side of an air conditioner is a clue. So if you are considering asking for our professional opinion, do not wipe away any visible surface mold or mildew.
Some individuals are at a greater risk when exposed to toxic mold.
Those Individuals who are elderly, sick, asthmatic, have a compromised immune systems or respiratory conditions such as COPD are at a greater risk from being exposure to mold. These individuals are especially at risk during that period when the mold is being removed as the mold spores can become airborne.
If you or anyone present has respiratory difficulty when exposed to cleaning supplies, VOCs (volativle organic compounds), allergens or mycotoxins and so forth please take great caution, These specific individuals should not be present during clean up and certainly should not attempt to clean the mold themselves. The assistance of a certified mold remediator is needed for action and for guidance.
Why is a fast response so important?
A fast response for mold and mildew is critical. Mold continues to grow until the moisture source is removed. Every day that one waits allows mold the time to grow and with it the increased risk to health and safety.
A true professional understands that time is the enemy when dealing with mold growth. The professional will come quickly to assess, seek samples, and, deliver results promptly so that an immediate and concise work-plan can be put into action.