If your basement has ever leaked or flooded, you will see it happen again.
If your neighborhood has ever flooded and you're worried that your basement is going to flood, then it's likely a matter of time before it happens to you. Are you going to be proactive?
Your basement air affects you whether you hang out there or not. Some building scientists say that up to 50% of your air comes from your basement. So, if you have a wet, damp, stinky basement, guess what type of airborne allergens are coming upstairs?
You need to hire a professional company for your mold and water removal needs.
Negative effects of a basement’s high humidity
- Aggravated allergies and asthma
- High energy bills
- Mold in the basement and upstairs
- Windows and door swelling
- Dust mites
- Smelly damp carpets
- Buckling hardwood floors
- Condensation and mold inside windows
- Moldy attic
The most common basement foundation issue we deal with in our part of central AL is concrete block walls. You had the perfect builder who built you the perfect basement house, RIGHT? Maybe so, but consider this; Your basement starts as a wet square hole in the ground. The foundation is built by lining imperfect and porous concrete blocks up against the wet earth. Both the earth and concrete blocks are continually emitting moisture. So, it is like your house foundation is seeping up the moisture from the earth.
We have Solutions for wet, leaking, basement
- Certified mold removal
- A coating or a barrier on basement walls
- A proper permanent interior drainage system installed on the full bottom perimeter of the foundation
- Installation of a permanent heavy-duty sump pump and discharge to the yard.
- A permanent no-fuss dehumidification unit installed
- Use a mold prevention product on wood to protect against, high humidity, rot, and mold
When foundation walls leak water into the inside of the basement floor, a water management system drain, electric sump pump system, wall barriers or dehumidification, are solutions for a dry basement.
Basement Drainage Tile Installation
The basement drainage tile allows the water to flow to the sump pump. The sump pump is plumbed to the house outside of the home. The Zoeller pump can flush the water outside the home.
This state-of-the-art basement water drain tile has a unique design that allows it to be installed next to the footing, like drain tile, or on top of the footing. The rapid flow design needs a small amount of water to drain quickly to sump pump compared to the old-fashioned draining tile.
The self-filter slits keep rock and sediment out and the unique umbrella-like sideways prevents dirt from compacting against system and allows water to enter freely. This is a nice feature so that excessive mud or trash does not flow in into your sump pump basin and clog your pump.
Install comes with a lifetime Transferable Warranty in the areas that the tile was installed.
Ask about our financing options.
It is important to have a reliable sump pump that can help you protect you home by reducing moisture by removing water and to help prevent flooding to your basement floor.
Protect your home against foundation water intrusion with a reliable sump pump. Ask about our different option sump pump featuring the highest quality components only available to exclusive dealers in the U.S
Sump Pump Installation Steps
This is the typical process you can expect during the installation of your sump pump system. (These steps are not all-inclusive to Mold & Mildew Solutions process)
- First weep holes are drilled into the wall to leave hydrostatic pressure.
- A perimeter drainage channel and a hole for the system is made by using a Jackhammer to break up the concrete. The point is to capture groundwater that is flowing through the bottom of the foundation. The water flows down the basement drainage trench to the sump pump.
- The water drainage pipe is sloped slightly where it enters the sump put to promote proper drainage. A durable plastic sum liner is installed in the pit.
- Once the sump liner has been installed, the sump pump is placed inside the liner.
- The basement floor drain system is then covered over with concrete, and the sump is cemented into the basement floor.
- The exterior drain line is installed. A hole is drilled through the foundation of the basement rim joist to allow for the plastic drain line to extend to the exterior. The drain line is connected to the sump pump outlet port. a check valve is installed on the drain line to prevent water from flowing back into the sump pump.
Some spaces are extra wet, and we may recommend the triple-safe sump pump system be installed. The second sump pump is to keep up with the extra water. It will have a separate discharge line. This install comes with a dry all the time assurance because this option comes battery operated and serves as an alternate power source when the power goes out of the neighborhood.
- Electrical outlets are usually NOT included in the scope of the work. Please read the electrical requirements.
Buy additional protection by adding a battery backup for your sump pump installation. In the event of a power failure, the battery will still pump out water.
This protection is optional. But highly recommended. And is just another reason to install one of your industry-leading sump pumps in your home.
Mold & Mildew SOLUTIONS PROVIDES WATERPROOFING LINER TO THE BASEMENT WALL.
It is an easy, less expensive way to cover ugly wall stop water vapor from affecting the basement walls, and direct foundation water moisture to the drain system. The white color really brightens a basement, reflecting available lighting and creating a bright usable living area for your family to use.
These liners are completely waterproof and will not support the growth of mold.
The plastic basement wall liner is installed with drilled-in fasteners so you can rest assured that the fabric can last if the basement does.
What makes a wet or damp basement?
- Groundwater leakage
- If a concret floor or concrete block is naturally sweating water
- Water vapor coming through walls, floors, and cracks
- Outside air turning into vapor after entering the basement
- Poor Ventilation, creating condensation
- Damp air adds more money to your power bill and causes your HVAC to not last as long.
- Make your home comfortable again, call Mold & Mildew Solutions to access your basement. We have many solutions to talk to you about.
Install a high-efficiency dehumidification system
Take your wet basement air, filter out allergens and mold, then replace dirty, wet air with clean, dry air.
Have Mold and Mildew Solutions install a commercial grade, high capacity, high-efficiency dehumidification system with air filtration.
Where does the water go that the dehumidifier captures?
The system is installed with a custom drainage line so you don’t have to worry about monitoring or removing water from collection pans. A drainage tube can be installed to drain directly into the sump pump and then flushed outside via a discharge made from PVC pipe.
Have peace of mind with our professional maintenance program
You will have peace of mind that you are keeping a healthy basement home. Our professional installation and maintenance programs are a great investment for a basement in Birmingham, AL to reduce humid air. There is no comparison between our commercial installations and one you buy off the hardware store shelf.
Shipshape Smart Basement Monitoring
Save time, money and energy with our smarthome-enabled predictive maintenance platform that connects your home. It's critical systems connect you to a network of providers. Let someone else do the worrying for you. Shipshape’s performance monitor solutions and proactive recommendations, along with Mold & Mildew Solutions maintenance on your basement systems, like sump pumps and dehumidifiers, will leave you rest assured that you’re going to have the healthiest smart basement in the neighborhood.
A wet basement creates unhealthy conditions.
Mold needs organic materials and high relative humidity to grow. Your spaces don’t have to be noticeably wet to grow mold. Lee Ramey’s Mold and Mildew Solutions and restoration companies have a strong background in cleaning, restoration, and water management systems installation so to create a healthy environment.
Finished basements are like having a bonus room under your house. But when water affects your living space and, the health of your family, you have a bonus problem! Now it is time to call Mold & Mildew Solutions, LLC for water and mold management solutions.
We strive to conduct the highest standards of dust, contaminant, and mold control while installing permanent water management systems. We do not want to disturb your indoor air quality. Always remember HOW MUCH WE CARE ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
We want to communicate with you well so that our employees will know how to respect your home, valuables and more than anything, YOUR FAMILY’S HEALTH.
We care about your comfort. Basement Water Proofing is not a pleasant experience, but we hope to overcome the challenges together.
Here are some reasons why to trust Mold & Mildew Solutions, LLC
- 38 Years plus in specialty cleaning and industry certification in the water and restoration field.
- Studied and developed on how to control contaminants and provide clean and healthy indoor air quality during installs.
- Certified Firm and Company Trained by the highest mold remediation standards in the industry.
Let Mold Mildew Solutions address your needs, square footage, and layout to come up with the best plan for your dry, clean, and comfortable basement.
There is a reason that this company is rated so high and now I know why. Their team is responsive, thorough, reasonable, and most important to those of us who need them, they are empathetic. In the midst of a bad situation, they help you understand the science behind what is going on and they genuinely seem to care about the situation you are going through. They are honest and reliable and I highly recommend them. You too will understand what the positive reviews are about as soon as you meet them.Jason R.
I cannot say enough positive things about Lee Ramey and this company! From start until finish everything was clearly communicated, professionally done, and the attention to detail was outstanding. Lee took the time to inspect and evaluate all the places of concern in my house. He went above and beyond to investigate and make sure my home was clean and healthy.James
They were quick, on time and very professional. Got the job done in the estimated time for the cost discussed beforehand. They had several options for payment without hidden fees so it fits most budgets. Very thankful and definitely recommend!Daniel S.
Request a Consultation