The home is only as healthy as the space below it.
- Energy costs are higher in a wet crawlspace
- Moisture rises up into the house
- Moisture causes mold. The stack effect can event affect the attic
- An unhealthy crawlspace equals unhealthy air inside
- The long term effects apply to your physicals health as well as the health of the structure
- You may not notice there is a problem until considerable damage has already occurred
The best way to keep your crawlspace moisture from affecting the health of the inside of the home is to have Mold & Mildew Solutions install a full encapsulation vapor barrier system to the walls and floors of the space under your home.
Our custom fit fabric moisture blocking system is sealed and tight. It is proven to reduce ground water seepage from affecting the wood and structure under your house.
The information below may not be all inclusive of what your crawlspace needs, so call us, the trusted crawlspace advisors to book an appointment to assess your crawlspace. This call could save the health of your home and family. Call us at 205-252-9506
Crawl space encapsulation refers to the permanently fastening a heavy-duty moisture retardant fabric to the floors and walls of your crawl space. This seals out moisture and humidity and in turn blocks mold and harmful contaminants from rising into the foundation and the living area of the home. For an encapsulated crawlspace system to work efficiently all cracks’, crevices, and openings must be sealed. This includes sealing around pipes and penetrations in the subfloor, sealing foundation wall holes, sealing foundation vents, and installing a proper sealed crawlspace door. Now that all the seams and entrances have been taken care of you have to condition the space to keep it dry and the right environment. Mold & Mildew Solutions can install a commercial grade dehumidifier that helps keep your air dry and clean all the time.
Protect your family from moisture that could cause mold illness, bad indoor air quality, structure damage and wood rot in your home by hiring us to install a Full Encapsulation system for your home.
Five steps for a healthy dry crawlspace all year round!
1. Remove organic materials and trash from crawlspace so that mold doesn’t feed on it.
2. Divert water outside the crawlspace by installing a sump pump and drainage trenching.
3. Completely isolate ground and seal out wall moisture by installing a heavy-duty crawlspace liner over the entire ground, walls, and concrete columns.
4. Seal up vents and cracks in the foundations so that outside air and moisture doesn’t come in.
5. Install a dehumidify to condition and dry out air properly to prevent condensation and mold growth.
Another Great Encapsulation!
Some Crawl spaces that are extra wet will benefit from adding Drainage Matting to your custom package. This durable dibbled plastic mat helps prevent water buildup from being trapped underneath the vapor barrier. This adds extra protection to prevent musty odor and mold and provides another layer of energy savings.
Add maximum energy saving by having Mold & Mildew Solutions install SilverGlo Rigid foam insulation board on crawl space walls and in between rim joist. It will not lose its R-value overtime or will never be damaged by moisture.
Water and mold resistant prevention treatment for remediation crawl space beams. Max Guard is an industry leading non-VOC breathable resistant, ceramic functionality for durability and toughness with award winning, marine-grade EPA- registered antimicrobial long-term protection.
What is the SOLUTION for the wet earth in your crawlspace?
Some crawlspaces in central AL. have the need for extra water management systems installed under their house. Our clients also enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with keeping a drier, cleaner, energy efficient, and most of all a healthy crawlspace all year long.
An electric sump pump’s primary focus is to collect GROUND WATER SEEPAGE. In other words, to be a place where water coming from the ground flows so that it can be flushed out of the crawlspace.
How does Mold and Mildew Solutions install a sump pump
- A hole must be dug, into the dirt or rock. This will be in the lowest area of the space.
- A commercial grade liner will be placed in the hole and secured with gravel.
- An electric pump will then be placed in the basin which will pump out the ground water than ran into the liner. A 1 ½ pvc discharge line is installed to run through the foundation wall to your yard.
*Please follow proper electrical requirements required for the unit you choose to have installed.
Things that make our sump pumps the best option.
- A sturdy liner that will last longer than the house does.
- An air tight lid to hold humidity vapors and smells.
- A floor drain opening in the case of flooding water.
- Commercial Grade Zoeller pump. The sturdiest on the market with 3-year guarantee.
- A stand under the pump so that mud is less likely to degrade the pump.
- A back up battery option for when your neighborhood floods and the power is out.
- Maintenance plans available so that you do not have to worry about it.
- Partnered with ShipShape so we can provide you with a “smart” crawlspace monitoring, energy savings.
- Discharge lines from a crawlspace sump pump to outside the home will vary from yard to yard. Our drain discharge installers at Mold and Mildew Solutions also look at the landscape of the home so to install the pvc pipe to run downward.
Ask about our add on option that will allow you you can use your crawl space area for extra storage! after the installment.
Now that we have provided a clean and dry space you will want to maintain the space routinely. Ask about our Healthy Crawlspace Maintenance and Inspection plans. Call 205-961-4541
They were quick, on time and very professional. Got the job done in the estimated time for the cost discussed beforehand. They had several options for payment without hidden fees so it fits most budgets. Very thankful and definitely recommend!Daniel S.
I cannot say enough positive things about Lee Ramey and this company! From start until finish everything was clearly communicated, professionally done, and the attention to detail was outstanding. Lee took the time to inspect and evaluate all the places of concern in my house. He went above and beyond to investigate and make sure my home was clean and healthy.James
There is a reason that this company is rated so high and now I know why. Their team is responsive, thorough, reasonable, and most important to those of us who need them, they are empathetic. In the midst of a bad situation, they help you understand the science behind what is going on and they genuinely seem to care about the situation you are going through. They are honest and reliable and I highly recommend them. You too will understand what the positive reviews are about as soon as you meet them.Jason R.
Request a Consultation