The home is only as healthy as the space below it.
- Energy costs are higher in a wet crawlspace
- Moisture rises up into the house
- Moisture causes mold. The stack effect can event affect the attic
- An unhealthy crawlspace equals unhealthy air inside
- The long term effects apply to your physicals health as well as the health of the structure
- You may not notice there is a problem until considerable damage has already occurred
The best way to keep your crawlspace moisture from affecting the health of the inside of the home is to have Mold & Mildew Solutions install a full encapsulation vapor barrier system to the walls and floors of the space under your home.
Our custom fit fabric moisture blocking system is sealed and tight. It is proven to reduce ground water seepage from affecting the wood and structure under your house.
The information below may not be all inclusive of what your crawlspace needs, so call us, the trusted crawlspace advisors to book an appointment to assess your crawlspace. This call could save the health of your home and family. Call us at 205-252-9506
Crawl space encapsulation refers to the permanently fastening a heavy-duty moisture retardant fabric to the floors and walls of your crawl space. This seals out moisture and humidity and in turn blocks mold and harmful contaminants from rising into the foundation and the living area of the home. For an encapsulated crawlspace system to work efficiently all cracks’, crevices, and openings must be sealed. This includes sealing around pipes and penetrations in the subfloor, sealing foundation wall holes, sealing foundation vents, and installing a proper sealed crawlspace door. Now that all the seams and entrances have been taken care of you have to condition the space to keep it dry and the right environment. Mold & Mildew Solutions can install a commercial grade dehumidifier that helps keep your air dry and clean all the time.
Protect your family from moisture that could cause mold illness, bad indoor air quality, structure damage and wood rot in your home by hiring us to install a Full Encapsulation system for your home.
Five steps for a healthy dry crawlspace all year round!
- Remove organic materials and trash from crawlspace so that mold doesn’t feed on it.
2. Divert water outside the crawlspace by installing a sump pump and drainage trenching.
3. Completely isolate ground and seal out wall moisture by installing a heavy-duty crawlspace liner over the entire ground, walls, and concrete columns.
4. Seal up vents and cracks in the foundations so that outside air and moisture doesn’t come in.
5. Install a dehumidify to condition and dry out air properly to prevent condensation and mold growth.
The information below may not be all inclusive of what your crawl space needs, so call us the trusted crawlspace advisors to book an appointment to assess your crawlspace. This call could save the health of your home and family. 205-252-9506
Another Great Encapsulation!
What is the SOLUTION for the wet earth in your crawlspace?
Some crawlspaces in central AL. have the need for extra water management systems installed under their house. Our clients also enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with keeping a drier, cleaner, energy efficient, and most of all a healthy crawlspace all year long.
An electric sump pump’s primary focus is to collect GROUND WATER SEEPAGE. In other words, to be a place where water coming from the ground flows so that it can be flushed out of the crawlspace.
How does Mold and Mildew Solutions install a sump pump
- A hole must be dug, into the dirt or rock. This will be in the lowest area of the space.
- A commercial grade liner will be placed in the hole and secured with gravel.
- An electric pump will then be placed in the basin which will pump out the ground water than ran into the liner. A 1 ½ pvc discharge line is installed to run through the foundation wall to your yard.
*Please follow proper electrical requirements required for the unit you choose to have installed.
Things that make our sump pumps the best option.
- A sturdy liner that will last longer than the house does.
- An air tight lid to hold humidity vapors and smells.
- A floor drain opening in the case of flooding water.
- Commercial Grade Zoeller pump. The sturdiest on the market with 3-year guarantee.
- A stand under the pump so that mud is less likely to degrade the pump.
- A back up battery option for when your neighborhood floods and the power is out.
- Maintenance plans available so that you do not have to worry about it.
- Partnered with ShipShape so we can provide you with a “smart” crawlspace monitoring, energy savings.
- Discharge lines from a crawlspace sump pump to outside the home will vary from yard to yard. Our drain discharge installers at Mold and Mildew Solutions also look at the landscape of the home so to install the pvc pipe to run downward.
Now that you have sealed the walls and the ground in the space. The crawlspace will need a solution to remove condensation forming on air ducts and from a small amount of humidity coming in due to outside air and infiltration. If you do not add a commercial dehumidification process, then mold is likely to grow. In the south a trusted commercial branded crawlspace dehumidifier installed and maintained by professionals is money well spent. Call Mold and Mildew Solutions!
- Now you can use as extra storage space now!
- Add pic cleanspace dry storage
- To see all the services, we provide click to (service page)
CRAWLSPACE ENCAPSULATION LINER OPTION
We also Install CleanSpace Encapsulation Systems For a Healthy Conditioned Crawlspace The CleanSpace system completely seals out moisture from external walls, and reduces humidity from the dirt. The liner does not have any open seams, so you do not have to worry about moisture coming through this way.
The CleanSpace liner is manufactured with a special antimicrobial additive called UltraFresh – molded right into the material, which ensures that mold and bacteria will not grow on either side. 20 mil liner is warranted to be durable and long-lasting it comes with a 25 year warranty against damage from normal wear and tear. This liner also comes with UV stabilizers which will help to have a healthier home also.
10 mil thick liner that comes with a 10 year warranty against ripping and tearing. CleanSpace Light is a green product because it is made with recycled materials with a special antimicrobial additive called UltraFresh. 12 mil thick liner The bright white finish of the CleanSpace Liner really brightens a crawl space and allows you to easily see that your crawl space is free of mold, insects, and dirt.
12 Mil reinforced vapor barrier liner gets the job done when on a budget. A thin layer of diamond reinforced polyethylene with U.V inhibitors and thermal stabilizers.
Ask about our add on option that will allow you you can use your crawl space area for extra storage! after the installment.
I cannot say enough positive things about Lee Ramey and this company! From start until finish everything was clearly communicated, professionally done, and the attention to detail was outstanding. Lee took the time to inspect and evaluate all the places of concern in my house. He went above and beyond to investigate and make sure my home was clean and healthy.James
They were quick, on time and very professional. Got the job done in the estimated time for the cost discussed beforehand. They had several options for payment without hidden fees so it fits most budgets. Very thankful and definitely recommend!Daniel S.
There is a reason that this company is rated so high and now I know why. Their team is responsive, thorough, reasonable, and most important to those of us who need them, they are empathetic. In the midst of a bad situation, they help you understand the science behind what is going on and they genuinely seem to care about the situation you are going through. They are honest and reliable and I highly recommend them. You too will understand what the positive reviews are about as soon as you meet them.Jason R.
Request a Consultation